- 1 or 1.5 cups broken vermicelli
- 500 ml milk
- 3 tbsp sugar - add more or less for your preferred sweetness
- 2 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- 4-5 green cardamom pods
- 3-4 cloves
- 7-8 roasted or fried unsalted almonds, chopped or
- 7-8 roasted or fried unsalted cashew nuts, chopped
- 2 tsp raisins or
- any dry fruits of your choice
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Fry the cloves and cardamom till the release their aroma in the ghee.
- Now add the vermicelli and fry till they become golden brown.
- Pour the milk and let it come to a boil.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Lower the flame and let the milk simmer for 5-7 minutes till the vermicelli gets cooked and the milk thickens a little.
- Lastly add chopped almonds or any dry fruits.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.
- If serving chilled, then refrigerate and then serve later.