DIY Tyre Seating
WHAT TO USE
- 2 x Tyres (tires)
- Interior spray paint
- MDF/plywood circular wood 45- 50 cm diameter and at least 1cm thick.
- Glue gun
- Polyester stuffing
- Staple gun
- Yellow and white chevron fabric (fabric fat quarter)
- Nautical boat fabric (fabric fat quarter)
- Ronseal interior clear varnish(poly)
HOW TO DID IT
1. Give the tyres a really really thorough clean, inside and out. Scrub them down with detergents and bleach in the back garden then rinsed them off with the garden hose.
2. Let them dry out for about 2-3 hours.
3. Spray paint each tyre. Spray on a total of 3 light coats with an hour drying time in between. NOTE: Spray painting should be done outside due to paint fumes, as per spray paint can instructions.
4. To seal and prevent paint from scratching off, paint two layers of varnish on to each tyre with 1-2 hours drying time in between.