We collect information about users of our Site, Facebook App and Facebook Lead Ads Form and clients who contract with us to use our Platform (our “Customers” or “you”). This Policy describes how we collect, use, and share information provided to us by our Customers. This Policy does not apply to the data we process about the end users of our Customers’ services (“End Users”). Where we process personal data about our Customers, we are considered to be a “controller” under applicable law (i.e., the company with the right to decide how the data is used); where we process personal data about End Users, we do so as a “processor” on behalf of our Customers, and our Customer would be the “controller”.
It is important to understand that this Policy does not apply to our Customers’ collection, use, or sharing of End User data. To the extent that we collect or handle any data on behalf of our Customers, we do so at their instruction. If you are an End User, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of our Customers to understand their privacy practices.
By using any of our Services, you understand that your information, including personal data, will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Services.
Information We Collect Directly from Customers. We will collect any information that you provide to us. For example, certain areas and features of our Services, Quiz and Contests may require subscription. To subscribe, Customers must provide us with their first name, last name, email address, date of birth and phone number. We may use the information we collect about you in aggregated form or associate it with other information that we collect about you.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Platforms. If you are a Customer, you also may participate in our contest through your social networking accounts. We store the information that we receive from the information that we collect from Customers or receive about Customers via the subscription form or Lead Ads Form.
Any third-party social networking platform controls the information it collects from you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third party uses or discloses the personal data it collects about you.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Services through cookies and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit or use our Services; the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Services; access time; and device ID.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information, including personal data, that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services or participating in our contests.
- To contact you, including for marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third-party services.
- To better understand how individuals access and use our Services, including to learn about their engagement levels and navigation paths, as well as user retention and funnel drop-offs, and for other research and analytical purposes.
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground(s) they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds for processing data for which we are a controller are as follows:
- To Honor Our Contractual Commitments. Some of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations to Customers, or to take steps at Customers’ request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them.
- Legitimate Interests. In most cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities, such as the following in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Customer service;
- Analyzing and improving our business;
- Protecting our business, personnel and property;
- Marketing; and/or
- Managing legal issues.
We may also process personal data for the same legitimate interests of our Customers and business partners.
- Consent. Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of consent.
Legal Compliance. We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personal data, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose your information to current or future affiliates or subsidiaries.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your information to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform actions or functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose your information to another entity in connection with, including during negotiations of, an acquisition or merger, sale or transfer of a business unit or assets, bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose your information in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena. In certain situations, Ebox may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services to collect and analyze the information discussed above, and to engage in auditing, research or reporting. The information (including your IP address) collected by various analytics technologies described above will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive, analyzing usage trends, assisting with fraud prevention, and providing certain features to you.
Notice Concerning Do-Not-Track Signals
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. You can learn more about Do Not Track here.
We have taken steps to help protect the personal data we collect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
We will hold your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set forth in this Policy or as long as we are legally required or permitted to do so. Information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Data Collection and use of Personal Information
EBOX collects and stores information about its customers including, but not limited to: name and email address. The website also collects data from our contests and Facebook Lead Ads Forms. The information gathered is for the sole use of EBOX and is used to select and announce the winners of our contests, for service notification, customer support, subscription to our newsletter and sending of our emailing campaigns. EBOX is committed to keeping your information confidential. We do not sell customer information to 3rd parties. We may set and access our cookies on your system in order to track the effectiveness of our services. The cookies used by EBOX are strictly for improving the website performance and user experience. We may also use user IP addresses to administer our website and diagnose problems with our server, but also to analyse trends, track user use and gather broad demographic information, not linked to any personally identifiable information.
We may use and disclose personal information to promote the use of our services to you, to send you informational and promotional emailing, to send you our daily news that you may choose to receive, to provide customer support, to meet legal requirements, to support and improve the services we offer.
All data is secured in a secure location.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Choices and Rights
We offer the options described below for exercising rights and choices under applicable laws. Many of these are subject to important limits or exceptions under applicable law.
If you are a Customer:
- You may review and update certain information by sending a mail to email@example.com.
- In addition, the law of your jurisdiction may give you additional rights to request rectification or erasure of certain personal data we hold. In some cases, you may be entitled to receive a copy of the personal data you provided to us in portable form or to request that we transmit it to a third party. The law may also give you the right to request restrictions on the processing of your personal data, to object to processing of your personal data, or to withdraw consent for the processing of your personal data (which will not affect the legality of any processing that happened before your request takes effect). You may contact us as described below to make these requests.
- You may contact us with any concern or complaint regarding our privacy practices, and you also may lodge a complaint with the relevant governmental authority.
- You may opt out (unsubscribe) of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Opting out is immediate, but in some cases it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
- You may opt out of receiving push notifications by turning them off in your device settings.
Our Services are not targeted to individuals under 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under the age of 18. Where required by applicable law, if we discover that someone under 18 has provided us with personal data, we will delete such personal data from our systems. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from someone under the age of 18, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as practicable.
Access To My Personal Data
Upon request, Ebox will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal data. You may request deletion of your personal data by contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. In certain circumstances we may be required by law to retain your personal data, or may need to retain your personal data in order to continue providing a service. Please note that copies of information that you have request to update, modify, or delete may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or App for a period of time. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active, or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Ebox acknowledges that you have the right to ask for modification and deletion of your personal data. When Ebox acts as a service provider to its Customers, it does not have a direct relationship with the End Users whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his/her query to Ebox (email@example.com). If requested by a Customer to review, correct, amend, or delete personal data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe. We will retain personal data on behalf of our Customers for as long as needed to provide services to our Customers, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Unsubscribe to the Newsletter
If you receive email through the EBOX system and wish to opt-out, simply go to the footer of our email or daily enews and unsubscribe by clicking ‘clicking here’. If you receive an email directly from EBOX and wish to have your name removed from our list, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and we will be happy to honor it.
If a situation arises, where you have a privacy dispute, please contact EBOX directly and we will be glad to work in a fair and practical way with you. Our contact info is mentioned above. If your communication with EBOX has not led to a mutually agreeable resolution, we shall participate in the dispute resolution procedures established by the Mauritian data protection authorities to resolve disputes.
Protection against misuse of personal information
Our website has security measures in place to protect the loss, alteration and misuse of the information under our control. Any EBOX employee having access to such information is aware of EBOX Privacy and Data Protection Policy. Access to such information is limited to those required to fulfill the applicable user request and security procedures in place.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com
Office 143, Block C,
The Junction Business Hub
Changes to this Policy