10 Minute Spaghetti Recipe
- 12 oz any spaghetti uncooked
- 15 oz can tomato sauce low sodium
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 5 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp oregano dried
- Parmesan cheese grated
1. Fill large Dutch oven or pot with cold water 3/4 full and bring to a boil.
2. Add 2 tsp salt and spaghetti. Separate pasta with tongs a few times during first 2 minutes of cooking. This will ensure spaghetti do not stick together.
3. Cook pasta uncovered for 5 more minutes or until al dente, stirring occasionally. Taste for doneness while cooking. Do not overcook until too soft. The key to tasty pasta is firm cooked pasta. Drain in a colander.
4. Return pot to medium heat and add olive oil, 4 garlic cloves and oregano. Cook for 20 seconds, stirring constantly.
5. Turn off the heat. Add drained pasta, tomato sauce, remaining 1/2 tsp salt, pepper and 1 garlic clove. Stir gently until warmed through
6. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese. This is the best cheap and quite healthy spaghetti I have ever had anywhere!