Easy Vegan Lasagna
PREP TIME: 15 mins COOK TIME: 30 mins TOTAL TIME: 45 mins. Serves 12
For the lasagna:
12 whole grain lasagna noodles
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium zucchini, chopped
8oz pkg sliced mushrooms
1 cup frozen peas
12 oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed
5 cups of marinara sauce (I used tomato basil)
For the tofu ricotta:
2-14oz pkg extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
10oz tub roasted garlic hummus (1 heaping cup)
½ cup nutritional yeast
¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped (plus more for topping)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook just until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Once hot, add zucchini, mushrooms, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes or until softened. Add peas and spinach and sautee for another 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Place drained tofu in a large bowl. Crumble with hands. Add hummus, nutritional yeast, basil, salt, and garlic powder. - Stir together with a fork until it's semi-smooth and resembles ricotta.
- Place about a cup of marinara in the bottom of a 9x13in baking dish. Top with 4 noodles (3 lengthwise and 1 widthwise to cover the gap at the end). Next add half of the ricotta mixture and half of the vegetable mixture. Top with a heaping cup (or more) of sauce. Repeat with more noodles, tofu mixture, veggies, and ricotta. Then top with one last layer of noodles and another cup and a half of sauce; I went heavy on the sauce because I love sauce! Top with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Source : http://www.hummusapien.com/