Cari Fruit à Pain
Preparation time : 25 mins
Cooking time : 35 mins
Total time : 1 hour
- 500g breadfruit
- 1 medium sized white onion finely chopped
- 100 g tomato puree/whole
- 2 tbsp of Curry powder
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp of fenugreek seeds (Methi)
- salt to taste
- couple of curry leaves
- coriander leaves finely chopped
- vegetable oil
- Thoroughly wash the breadfruit and diced accordingly.
- In a pan add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and leave to medium hot.
- Add onions,curry leaves,fenugreek seeds, garlic and thyme and leave to sweat for 5 mins.
- Next add the tomato puree/paste and give a good stir.
- When the tomato is reduced, add the curry powder and mix.
- Add the breadfruit and 1 ltr water.
- Cover and leave to simmer until breadfruit soft and almost melted in the curry.
- Serve with flatbreads and pickles on the side.