Garlic-Brown Sugar Chicken Thighs
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
salt and ground black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup honey
½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon dried basil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear until brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a plate.
4. Melt remaining butter in the skillet. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar, honey, oregano, thyme, and basil until well combined. Return chicken to the skillet.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 25 to 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).