Gato Pima Sandwich
CHILLI CAKES / Gato pima RECIPE
300g Yellow split peas/ Dholl petit pois
Bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped
2 dry red chillies
2 tsp of Cumin seeds (Crushed and roasted)
2 tsp Salt/pepper to taste
Couple of Curry Leaves
Vegetable oil for frying
- Soak the Dholl overnight in water or atleast some good hours before using it.
- Wash thoroughly under tap water again and pat dry with a kitchen towel to absorb excess of water remaining.
- Add a cup at a time into your blender or grinding machine and blend until a smooth paste is obtained
- After having blended all your Dholl , pour into a big bowl and add all the dry ingredients as mentioned above.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon all the ingredients until well incorporated.
- Next roll into small bite size balls.
- Heat your pan with some vegetable oil and start dipping them one by one carefully.
- Strain and serve hot with some coriander chutney.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR 1 SANDWICH
A 6-inch piece of fresh baguette bread
4-6 hot and crunchy gateaux piments, depending on how small or big they are
HERE IT GOES
Slice and the bread.
Place your hot gato piments on the bread.
Close it up, and enjoy!
I made a little tomato salsa (aka sattini pommes d’amour) to accompany my sandwich and it was seriously delicious!